26.1.14

UV leds, pwm and UV curing oven

3W Leds are bright little suckers, dont work around without eye protection. I brushed a 5v across a pair just to make sure they'd light and my eyes are still irritated an hour later.



I built a constant current LED driver source ala this instructable, I bread boarded circuit 1 just to test the led's and will connect it all together so I can do pwm of the power and vary the intensity.
I need 1 maybe 2 of these 3w LED's for the printer, and the rest will be turned into a UV curing oven for the finished prints. Memory suggests stippled aluminum sheet does a great job as a reflector shield it scatters light and has high reflectivity. A quick browse around online and I think I might go with a combination of thin wall material and cheap turkey roasting pans for a oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment