9.2.14

A focusing lens

I decided it was time to work the optics out.

Upon opening my projector I see it has this nice sealed lens system leading into the light path The tiny lens and focal point made me not want dig inside. I happen to have a few old camera lenses laying around an after a little fiddling found the macro lens that worked.
random macro lens from a view camera


The iris mechanics unscrewed which was good
I needed to get the lens closer to the aperture
I notice the light does not exit my projector in a level manner its angled "up" at about 15 degrees this meant the lens needed to be fitted on at an angle.
Hung loosely in place just to get a rough idea

6 cm x 4.5 cm the dark edge is the camera taking the pictures shadow notice the pushpin in the upper left.

No comments:

Post a Comment