11.2.14

More on the lens

I wasn't happy with the way the lens focused... that's not it... I didn't have a build are big enough to build the kind of things I was after. so I took the lens unit out and messed around a little bit. It seem that by moving the built in optics forward around 2 mm in my case I was able to focus the pixels almost exactly to .1mm. Actually between the throw and focus I can get a variety of resolutions. From about 44 mm X 33 mm (.044mm per pixel) all the way out to 110 mm x 82 mm (.11mm ppx).

The macro lens I had is unnecessary.
I will need to make a collar or something to set it in place properly there's a little bit of wiggle with the screws in place and it would be nice if I could adjust it. The depth of field? if that's the right term is very short it is only in focus within a very small distance, and the throw length? distance from projector to the focused image is now 16.5cm when zoomed out and 9cm or so when zommed in
in place with the 2mm offset
Much damage to the case from trying to fit unneeded optics

The optics unit
The dmd and light prism
The optics unit part way in place


No comments:

Post a Comment